37)grin and bear任劳任怨;毫无怨言地忍受
Model:
——Carla,I can't take this job any longer. (Carla,我不能再做这份工作了。)
——If you need the money, you'll just have to grin and bear it. (如果你需要钱,你就得忍耐。)
38)hit the spot(特指吃了食物,喝了饮料之后)精神完全恢复过来或感到满足;恢复精力;提精神
Model:
——This Lemonade sure hits the spot.(柠檬汁太提神了。)
——And how! (当然了!)
39)keep between the two of us不让第三者知道,保密
Model:
——What I'm going to say is rather personal, so let's keep between the two of us. (我要讲的纯属私事,所以希望你能保密。)
40)know a thing or two about略知一二
Model:
——Do you think Andy could help us plan the camping trip to West Virginia? (你认为Andy会帮我们计划去西弗吉尼亚州野营吗?)
——Well, since he spends every summer there, he might know a thing or two about it. (可能吧。他每个夏天都去那儿,应该知道一些事儿。)
41)leave no stone unturned不遗余力;全力以赴
Model:
——Lynn left no stone unturned in her research, and handed in an excellent paper. (Lynn全力以赴做她的研究,交了一篇优秀的论文。)
42)on cloud nine沉浸在幸福之中;非常高兴
Model:
——Marcia looks like she's on cloud nine. Do you know what made her so happy? (Marcia好象沉浸在幸福之中。你知道她为什么这么高兴吗?)
——She just had a paper accepted for publication. (她有一篇文章要发表了。)
43)on the tip of one's tongue一时想不起来,话到嘴边又忘记
Model:
——Are you sure you can't remember the name of that record? (你肯定记不起来那张唱片的名字吗?)
——It's just on the tip of my tongue! (我就是一时想不起来了。)
