看美剧desperate housewives,学英语2

波波小熊熊 免费考研论坛/2008-01-21

原文内容来自免费考研论坛,请点击查看全文
http://bbs.freekaoyan.com/viewthread.php?tid=230131
由于俺暂时没有权限上传mp3,因此只有等俺有资格了再传,请大家多多谅解!
学英语是个漫长的过程,但是只要你足够用心与努力,会在乐趣中找到适合自己的学习方法, 大家一起加油吧!
第二集
"An odd thing happens when we die. Our senses vanish. Taste, touch, smell, and sound become a distant memory. But our sight. Ah. Our sight expands. And we can suddenly see the world we left behind so clearly. Of course, most of what's visible to the dead can also be seen by the living. If they only take the time to look."

"Like my friend, Gabrielle. I should have seen how unhappy she was. But I didn't."
"I only saw her clothes from Paris. And her platinum jewelry. And her brand-new diamond watch. Had I looked closer, I would have seen that Gabrielle was a drowning woman. Desperately in search of a life vest. Luckily for her,"
"She found one. Of course, Gabrielle only saw her young gardener as a way to infuse her life with a little excitement. But now, she was about to discover just how exciting her life could be."
Gabrielle: "Hi, honey, you're home early."
Carlos: "My meeting got cancelled." He glances over at her. "You just took a shower this morning."
Gabrielle: "I just been keep work out."
Carlos: "Where's John?"
Gabrielle: "John?"
Carlos: "Yeah, that's his truck out front."
"Gabrielle was panicked. She knew if her husband discovered her secret, she would feel the full force of his wrath."
Suddenly, from outside, John says, "Hey, Mr. Solis!"
Gabrielle and Carlos turn to the window and see John from the waist up, clothed, trimming the hedge. Carlos tells him to work on the ficus and John tells him that he will. Before turning away to continue trimming the hedge, he looks at Gabrielle with a slight smile.
"But she was quickly reminded that what Carlos couldn't see, couldn't hurt her."
From the outside, we see John standing on a ladder, trimming the hedges...naked from the waist down.
"The peaceful facade of Wisteria Lane had recently been shattered. First by my suicide. And then by the discovery of a note among my belongings that suspected a suspicious reason for my desperate act. My friends gathered to discuss its implications."
Susan picks up the note from the kitchen table. "I think we should give it to Paul."
Gabrielle takes it from her. "He's still mourning, Susan. He'll probably freak out."
Susan: "It doesn't matter. She was his wife. He deserves to have all the facts."
Bree: "Well, we could do it gently. We could tell him about it over coffee and pastry."
Lynette: "That'll be fun. 'Paul, we have proof your wife killed herself over some deep, dark, secret. Another bear claw?'"
Gabrielle: "We could always call the police."
Lynette: "Maybe it's just some sort of sick joke."
Bree: "Well, if it was a joke, it was in very poor taste."
Susan: "No, this was serious. I know it was. We gotta find out what was going on."
Lynette: "Let's say we do. There's a chance we're not gonna like what we find."
Susan: Well, isn't it worse to be in the dark? Imagining she did all of these horrible things?
Bree: "It's the age-old question, isn't it? How much do we really want to know about our neighbors?"

"My friends were right to be concerned. They knew that every family h as its secrets. And as my son and husband could have told them, you need to think carefully before digging them. up."
"After talking for hours, my friends still hadn't agreed on what to do with the note. So, they decided to talk about it in the morning after a g good night's rest."
"But no one could fall asleep that night."
"They each kept thinking of my suicide. And how terribly alone I must have felt. You see, loneliness was something my friends understood all too well."
"Good. I have a question for you." He rolls his eyes, then pulls off the covers to sit next to her. "Okay."
Bree: "Do you remember when you proposed?"
Rex: "For God's sake."
Bree: "We sat on Skyline Drive and drank a bottle of apple wine and when we finished it, you turned to me and you said, 'If you marry me, Bree Mason, I promise to love you for the rest of my life.' And even though I was engaged to Ty Grant, and even though my father didn't like you, I said yes."
Rex: "That was a long time ago."
Bree: "You are going to cancel the meeting with that divorce lawyer and we are going to find ourselves a marriage counselor."
Rex: "Bree!"
Bree: "You promised."
He nods. "All right."
"Good. I'm gonna go, uh, make myself some warm milk." She gets up and walks to the kitchen, stopping halfway to turn around and look at him. "Would you like something to drink?" As he gets up from the bed, he mutters, "Anything but apple wine."
"Susan awoke that night alone and parched. And as she gazed out her window, she saw the tall drink of water she needed to quench her thirst."
Julie: "Dear Diary. Mike doesn't even know I'm alive."
Susan: "Shut up."
Julie: "If you want to date him, you're gonna have to ask him out.'
Susan: "I keep hoping he'll ask me out."
Julie: "How's that going?"
Susan: "Shouldn't you be making brownies for your nerdy friends?"
Julie: "I can't find the measuring cup. Have you seen it?"
Susan: "The measuring cup?" [she flashes back to when she dropped it on Edie's floor.]
Julie: "Yeah."
Susan: "Hmm." [flash back to Susan trying to put out Edie's fire with the jeans, and then running out of the house, past the measuring cup on the floor, then flashback to the fire engulfing Edie's house.] I, uh, well, it's gotta be here somewhere. Just keep looking."
Carlos: "I know you're awake."
Gabrielle: "I know you're a jerk."
Carlos: "Dinner with Tanaka ran long. I'm sorry.
Gabrielle: "You know, Carlos, I didn't marry you so I could have dinner by myself 6 times a week. You know how bored I was today. I came this close to actually cleaning the house.
Carlos: "Don't be that way. I got you a gift."
Gabrielle: "Nope. No, no, no, no. You're not gonna buy your way out of this one.
Carlos: "It's a good gift." He tosses a red jewelry box in front of her.
She opens it. "Is that white gold?"
Carlos: "Yeah. Put it on." He kisses her shoulder. "And then make love to me."
Gabrielle: "I'm not in the mood. But, we could stay up and talk."
He laughs. "When a man buys a woman expensive jewelry, there are many things he may want in return. For future reference, conversation ain't one of them."
"Hey, that was a joke."
She gets out of bed. "Yeah, right."
Carlos: "What the hell is wrong with you?"
Gabrielle: "Let go of me."
Carlos: "You've been acting like a nightmare for a month."
Gabrielle: "Stop!"
Carlos: "What's wrong?"
She keeps struggling and he holds on to her. "I can't fix it unless you tell me."
She breaks his hold and sits down. "It's not exciting anymore, Carlos."
Carlos: "So what am I supposed to do?"
Gabrielle: "I dunno. Be the way you used to be. Surprise me. take my breath away."
Carlos: "Okay."
She looks at him with her eyebrows raised and he reiterates: "Okay!"
"Hey, Susan."
Susan: "Mike!"
Mike: "What's wrong?"
Susan: "I didn't realize anybody was going to be out here. I just sort of rolled out of bed."
Mike: "I'm sure you look fine."
Mike: "Sorry. He scares easy."
Susan: "No, it, it, it's fine. I get it."
Mike: "I didn't mean to disturb you. I'll see you later."
"Did you want to have dinner with me?"
He turns around. "Just the two of us?
Susan: "Well, and Julie. Uh, it's a thing we do when somebody new moves into the neighborhood, we invite them over for a home-cooked meal. It's sort of a tradition."
Mike: "I thought you said you were a lousy cook."
Susan: "Well, I order take-out."
Mike: "Oh. YOu invite them over for home-cooking and you give 'em takeout."
Susan: "Yeah, it's, it's, uh, it's sort of a new tradition. I'm working out the kinks."
He laughs. "I'll tell you what. How 'bout I cook. And you guys come over to my place?"
Susan: "Oh! Great."
Mike: "Friday night at six?"
Susan: "I'll be there."
"Bye, Bongo." He barks, scaring her. Julie watches, interested. "Mike Delfino just invited us to dinner Friday night."
Julie: "He did? Cool!"
Susan: "But only I'm going. Because you're going to come down with something semi-serious that requires bed rest. And fluids."
"Julie was glad Susan was rekindling her love life. Of course, she was unaware of her mother's recent

track record with fire."
Edie: "It's all gone. Everything my ex-husband worked for all those years. Gone."
Mrs. Huber:"Don't worry about clothing. I already started a collection from people from the neighborhood."
Edie: "What? I don't want to wear other people's old crap."
Mrs. Huber: "Edie, you can be homeless or you can be ungracious. You really can't afford to be both." She sighs. "That reminds me. My insurance check still hasn't come yet. Can I stay with you for a few more weeks?"
Edie: "Of course! What kind of Christian would I be if I denied shelter to a friend in need?" She spies the burnt measuring cup Susan had dropped on the floor. "Oh, look! Here's something we can salvage. your measuring cup. We can just scrape off the burnt part and it'll look good as new."
Edie: "that's not my cup. Mine was plastic."
Mrs: Huber: "Well, how did it get in here?"
Edie: "I dunno. Who cares?" She gets up and walks away. Mrs. Huber looks at the cup, interested.
Mrs. Huber: "Now, would you put that down and start looking for jewelry?"
"Dr. Albert Goldfine was the most accomplished marriage counselor in the city. He had dealt with problems ranging from substance abuse, to infidelity, to domestic violence. Yes, Dr. Goldfine thought he had seen it all. And then, he met the Van De Kamps."
A knock on Dr. Goldfine's office door causes him to get up and answer it. Bree and Rex are standing there. Bree smiles and introduces herself and Rex to Dr. Goldfine.
Bree: "And I brought you some homemade potpourri." She hands it to him and walks inside.
Rex is left behind with the doctor. "The answer is yes. You're about to make a fortune off us."
Lynette is driving down the street as her children jump up and down and scream and ignore her as she yells at them to buckle up.
"Oh, crap."
Once pulled over, the cop walks up to her and looks inside the car, asking for license and registration.
When Lynette hands them over, he asks her, "Ma'am, you know why I pulled you over?"
Lynette: "I have a theory."
Cop: "Kids are jumping up and down. They should be sitting, wearing their seat belts."
Lynette: "I yelled at them. They never listen to me. It's very frustrating."
Cop: "Well, you have to find a way to control them. After all, that's your job."
"Though he'd been a policeman for six years, Office Hayes had never found himself in a truly dangerous situation. Then again, he had never before told a woman how to raise her children."
Lynette: "Are you saying I'm a bad mother?"
Cop: "Ma'am you need to get back in your car, please."
Lynette: "I have no help. My husband is always away on business."
Cop: "I'm gonna have to ask you to step back now." He reaches for the gun on his belt. Lynette ignores him. "My baby-sitter joined the witness relocation program. I haven't slept through the night in six years. And for you to stand there and judge me."
Cop: "Okay. I'm not gonna give you a ticket. I'm gonna let you off with a warning."
Lynette: "I accept your apology."
"Buckle up!"
John: "Mrs. Solis!"
Gabrielle: "Hello, Jonathan."
Inside, he shows her his room, apologizing for the mess.
John: "You just missed my mom. On Friday's, she coaches my little sister's soccer team."
Gabrielle: "Ah, yes. I heard that." She picks up a plate from the bed that has a partially eaten sandwich on it and places it on his TV. "Uh, John, we need to talk about what happened the other day."
John: "Mr. Solis isn't starting to catch on, is he?"
Gabrielle: "No, no. He doesn't have a clue, God love him. It's just, I was thinking that when you come over to garden, you might actually have to garden."
John: "Great. You're breaking up with me. In my own bedroom."
Gabrielle: "No, no. I'm not dumping you. Lately, you've been the only thing keeping me going. It's just we can't do it at my house anymore."
John: "Oh. So, then, where do you want to do it?"
Gabrielle: "Well, uh, what time does your mom get back from soccer practice?"
John: "Mrs. Solis."
She clears off a space next to her on the bed. "Better hurry. We don't have a lot of time."
He takes off his shirt and joins her on the bed, kissing her. When he starts to kiss her neck, she looks over to his nightstand, where she sees a photo of him as a young boy, posing for a Little League picture. She frowns and puts the picture face down on the nightstand.
At the marriage counselor's office, Bree is talking about her children. "And so, there's just the four of us. My oldest son, Andrew, is 16. Danielle is 15, and..." she looks down to rummage through her purse.
Dr. Goldfine interrupts her, "I don't need to see pictures. Bree, you've spent most of the hour engaging in small talk."
Bree: "Oh, have I?
Dr. Goldfine: "Yes. Rex has been very vocal about his issues. Don't you want to discuss your feelings about your marriage?"
She sighs. "Um. Doc-"
Rex interrupts. "This is the thing you gotta know about Bree. She doesn't like to talk about her feelings. To be honest, it's hard to know if she has any."
He continues. "Does she feel anger, rage, ecstasy? Who knows? She's always pleasant. And I can't tell you how annoying that is." As he talks, Bree looks at Dr. Goldfine, who absent-mindedly plays with a loose button in his jacket. Bree focuses on the button, tuning out Rex. She reaches into her purse and pulls out a miniature sewing kit.
Dr. Goldfine gets her attention again. She focuses in on him. "I'm sorry."
Dr. Goldfine: "Would you like to respond to what Rex just said?"
Bree: "Oh, um..."
Dr. Goldfine: "Is there some truth there? Do you use housework as a way to disengage emotionally?"
Bree: "Of course not!" She puts the kit back in her purse.
John: "Ah. This is great. I got tons of homework tonight. It's so easy to concentrate after sex."
Gabrielle: "Well, I'm glad I could help. Education is very important."
John: "Oh, I've got something for you."
John: "I was gonna give it to you next time I mowed your lawn, but since you're here."
Gabrielle: "Oh, it's a rose!"
John: "It's not just any rose. Look at the petals. There aren't any flaws. It's perfect."
Gabrielle: "Oh, John."
John: "Just like you."
"The truth hit her like a thunderbolt."
John: "I spent days looking for just the right one. Finally found it."
"For John, this was no longer just a meaningless little affair. Gabrielle could now clearly see he was falling in love with her."
Gabrielle: "It's just beautiful."
They smile and she tells him that she has to go. As she leaves, he calls out a goodbye to her.
Susan: "What are we having?"
Mike: "Uh, well, I talked to Julie, and she suggested rib eye steaks." Susan takes one of the bags from him and he thanks her. "Said that's your favorite."
Susan: "Oh, yeah. I love my steak."
They start up his porch and Edie, in her convertible, pulls up, honking at them. "Hi, Mike! Susan."
Mike goes back down the steps to Edie. Susan stays for a minute longer on the porch. "Edie."
Mike: "Hey, I'm sorry about your house. How you holding up?"
Edie: "All right, I guess. Oh! Is somebody having a party?" She gets out of her car.
Mike: "No, Susan is just throwing me one of her traditional welcome to the neighborhood dinners. Only I'm cooking. And having it at my house."
Edie: "Traditional. I didn't get one."
Mike: "Oh, it's sort of a new tradition."
Edie: "Well, it won't be anything fancy. Just a little home cooking."
Mike: "Mm, that sounds so good." She leans over to look inside the bags that Mike is holding.
"Susan suddenly had an awful feeling in the pit of stomach."
Edie: "I've been having nothing but fast food lately."
"As if she was watching an accident in slow motion. She knew it would happen, but was powerless to stop it."
Susan: "Edie, would you like to join us for dinner?"
Edie: "Oh, that's so sweet. No. I don't want to intrude. Three's a crowd."
Mike: "No, it's not like that. I mean, Susan's bringing Julie."
Susan: "It's not like that. The more the merrier."
Edie: "Well, this'll be fun."
Mike: "Tomorrow night. We'll eat at six." He turns and heads back up to the house.
Edie: "Great. Oh, and Susan?"
Susan: "Yeah?"
Edie: "This will make up for the dinner you never threw for me."
Susan: "Right."
Edie waves and drives off. Mike comes back to where Susan is. "Should I have told her we were having steak? She's not like, a vegetarian or something, is she?"
Susan mutters, "Oh, no, no. Edie's definitely a carnivore."
---------------------------------
欢迎08考生回归
回归论坛
回归正常的生活
回归春节
回归自己可爱的家
欢迎08考生回归
回归论坛
回归正常的生活
回归春节
回归自己可爱的家
辛苦了,谢谢

相关话题/

• 领限时大额优惠券,享本站正版考研考试资料!
    大额优惠券
    优惠券领取后72小时内有效,10万种最新考研考试考证类电子打印资料任你选。涵盖全国500余所院校考研专业课、200多种职业资格考试、1100多种经典教材,产品类型包含电子书、题库、全套资料以及视频,无论您是考研复习、考证刷题,还是考前冲刺等,不同类型的产品可满足您学习上的不同需求。 ...
    本站小编 Free壹佰分学习网 2022-09-19