你的机会来了的表达

网络资源 Freekaoyan.com/2008-04-12

 

  Don: The lady told me to thank you, Herbert.

  唐: 那位小姐要我谢谢你呢,赫伯特。

  Herbert: So?

  赫伯特: 所以咧?

  Don: So, here's your 1) chance.

  唐: 所以,你的机会来了。

  Herbert: She's just being 2) polite. She doesn't want to hurt my feelings.

  赫伯特: 她只是客气。她不想伤害我的感情。

  Don: She accepted your drink. That means she 3) invites you to talk to her.

  唐: 她接受了你的饮料。那表示她邀你去跟她说话。

  Herbert: No, she's too pretty. I'm not in her 4) league.

  赫伯特: 不,她太漂亮了。我配不上她。

  Don: Don't blow it, Herbert! Get over there!

  唐: 你别搞砸了,赫伯特。赶快过去吧!

  语言详解

  A: Did you do the laundry yet?

  你洗衣服了吗?

  B: No. I haven't had a chance to do it.

  还没,我还没找到机会。

  「to hurt someone's feelings 伤(某人的)心,伤(某人的)感情」

  让人觉得难堪、悲伤、沮丧、自卑等负面的情绪,就是to hurt someone's feelings.

  A: You hurt my feelings when you said that.

  你那样说伤了我的心。

  B: I'm sorry. You misunderstood me.

  对不起。你误会我了。

  「to be in someone's league 配得上(某人),跟(某人)属于同一类」

  若要表示“配不上” 、“不同属一类” ,除了把be改成be not,也可以说to be out of someone's league.

  A: Look at the new girl! She's definitely my type.

  你看那个新来的女生!她绝对是我要的型。

  B: Keep dreaming. She's out of your league.

  继续做梦吧,她不是你配得上的。

  1) chance  (n.) 机会

  2) polite  (a.)  客气的,礼貌的

  3) invite  (v.) 邀请

  4) league  (n.) 同一伙人,团体


相关话题/

  • 领限时大额优惠券,享本站正版考研考试资料!
    大额优惠券
    优惠券领取后72小时内有效,10万种最新考研考试考证类电子打印资料任你选。涵盖全国500余所院校考研专业课、200多种职业资格考试、1100多种经典教材,产品类型包含电子书、题库、全套资料以及视频,无论您是考研复习、考证刷题,还是考前冲刺等,不同类型的产品可满足您学习上的不同需求。 ...
    本站小编 Free壹佰分学习网 2022-09-19