You wished for the day your child would learn how to drive.
你多希望孩子有一天能学会开车。
All you remember about your child being ten is managing the school fund raisers.
孩子10岁时,你所记得的,是怎么组织学校的募捐者。
You sold wrapping paper for paint, T shirts for new furniture,
你们为重新粉刷学校兜售包装纸,为购置新家具兜售体恤衫,
and magazine subscriptions for shade trees in the school playground.
为在学校操场上种植遮阳树劝人订阅各种杂志。
You remember storing a hundred cases of candy bars in the garage to sell so the school band could get new uniforms,
你记得你在车库里存放了上百盒糖果等待出售,得到钱后学校的乐队就可以购置新制服,
and how they melted together on an unseasonably warm spring afternoon.
可是那些糖果竟在一个暖和得过头的春天的下午全都融化在一起了。
You wished your child would grow out of playing an instrument.
你多希望孩子长大,不再演奏什么乐器了。
All you remember about your child being twelve is sitting in the stands during baseball practice and ,
孩子12岁时,你所记得的,是孩子在体育场打棒球练习赛时,你坐在看台上
hoping your child's team would strike out fast because you had more important things to do at home.
希望你孩子所在的队很快三击不中出局,因为家里还有更重要的事等你去做。
The coach didn't understand how busy you were.
教练不明白你为什么那么忙。
